Nextgen welcomes submissions from individuals with a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds on various topics in the field of international affairs.
Current students or recent graduates under 30 years old who are passionate about international relations, foreign policy, foreign affairs, history or other related fields.
Nextgen provides you with the opportunity to get your work published and enrich your resume!
Nextgen offers you access to an established list of prominent names to connect with!
Nextgen helps you sharpen your analytical skills that are critical to your future career!
Nextgen shares your ideas with EWI's social media platforms, exposing your work to upper level policy and decision-makers.
To Nextgen Is To Network! We invite you to attend EWI's Smart Talk series featuring high-level speakers and issues that command attention.
Submit your thought pieces and policy suggestions
Take part in an annual essay competition
Contribute to The Catchup, a comprehensive and humorous recap of the week's global news
Share an essay about important historical anniversaries in Throwback Thursday
Infographics, illustrations or visual analyses of current issues
Anything else related to the field of international affairs
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- The topic you select can be on any relevant global issue you are passionate about.
- Essays must be a maximum of 800 words in length.
- If you’d like to contribute to one of our weekly features, you are welcome to do so, but please run your idea by us first to ensure that there isn’t an overlap of submissions.
- While writing, try to ensure readability. Our readers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and varying levels of expertise. If you use technical terms, define them.
- Avoid the use of prejudiced statements. If you are making an argument, be sure to back it up.
- Add in-text links to your references, wherever possible. References must be credible sources such as reputed news outlets, academic journals and other publications.
- If you’d like us to include a specific image, send us a link to the original image for consideration. The image must be free to use and share.
- Make sure you include a short bio of yourself. Feel free to also include links to your social media accounts, such as personal blog or twitter page.
- Previously published pieces will be considered for Nextgen, but please indicate where your piece was previously housed.
Send all submissions, questions and suggestions to email@example.com.